Cherry Mash Candy
My mother used to make these every Christmas. I've not had them in years. Maybe Thomas will make me some.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 (14 ounce) package strawberry frosting mix (powder)
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter (soften)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 sqaure paraffin wax
- 8 ounces salted chopped peanuts
- Combine dry frosting mix, confectioners sugar, condensed milk, vanilla, cherries and butter in bowl; mix well.
- Shape into patties or balls.
- Melt chocolate chips with paraffin in saucepan, mixing well.
- Dip balls into chocolate; then roll into peanuts, coating well.
- Chill in refrigerator.
Until next time,