I knew I wanted to do a quick quilt because my list is full with no end in site.
Chenille Baby Quilt
Items used to make quilt:
- One charm pack of City Weekend
- 1/2 yard chenille - Sashing
- One Fat Quarter - Binding
- 1 yard backing
City Weekend from Liesl Gibson for Oliver + S for Moda and added some white chenille sashing.
I sewed the charms into four rows of eight then added three 5" chenille sashing strips in between using 1/4" seam allowance through out.
Layer your top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired, bind and enjoy! Quilt measures 31" x 36"
I had the top done in 30 minutes max. It took me longer to quilt and bind. I did my binding on the bias.
Tips for working with chenille:
- Cut chenille to the length of the charm strips.
- Chenille will streach. Place on bottom next to feed dogs.
- Pin charm strips to chenille.
- I didn't quilt the chenille as it would be hard to quilt. (at least I would think so)
- I used only a 1/4" seam. Not 1/2" as some told me to use and it turned out fine. It's holding.
- The secret to working with chenille is don't do anything to it. Just let it be.
Qubee Quilts is having a GIVEAWAY as soon as we reach 500 followers. Sign up on the right to follow this blog. We just need 48 more followers. We CAN do this!!
If Qubee Quilts Fan page hits 1000 likes on Facebook & Qubee Quilts gets 500 followers by 11:59pm Sunday November 21st. I will giveaway one of the above chenille baby kits plus other great stuff. (boy or girl your choice that includes: charm pack, chenille, backing and binding)
Blog about the upcoming giveaway and maybe we can make this happen. I really would love to give away a kit plus other great stuff. You never know what I will come up with.
Until next time,